Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre.

Time To Decide


Going into production is going to be exciting, but choosing which genre I want to present my first project in is tough. Do I go with one of the new genres or the old school college essay? Well you're about to find out which genre I chose and why I decided to pick it.

Lachmann-Anke, Peggy und Marco. "Away Junction Direction Fork In The Road Decision" 11/31/15 via pixabay. Creative Commons 0 Public Domain License

The Decision


1. For Project 1 I have decided to use the Quick Reference Guide (QRG). I have never worked with anything like the QRG so it made me interested in testing it out on the first project. Since Project 1 is worth less in the grade book, it seems as if it is a great time to try something new. I wanted to save the Video Essay and the Podcast for later because I feel that those two will be my favorite, and I am a firm believer in saving the best for last. 

2. Genre conventions will be huge in the QRG, especially since it's a new genre that I have never used before. There were a few specific conventions that I would be focusing on primarily during this project. I think the usage of white space, paragraph break-ups, and a solid question and answer format are the keys to this essay, so those will be the main conventions that I will develop and improve in this project. These will help create a purpose in my project because if I master these aspects of the QRG, I will be able to create a project that flows well without any hiccups. The QRG is designed to flow and be easily glanced at, so making sure all of the conventions I've chosen to develop the project are key to this. These conventions can make or break my QRG.

3. I'm feeling a bit nervous for Project 1 since I have never used this form of genre before. My main challenges are to get ahead on this project, and to not fall behind like I did this week. I plan on being a work horse on Monday, and trying to finish up by Wednesday or Thursday night. That will give me a couple of days to hammer out an issues or changes that I see. It's going to be an extremely busy week, but as long as I stay on top of my work everything should work out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment