Sunday, May 1, 2016

Production 8a

How's the raw content?


In this blog post I'm going to show a rough cut of the script of my video essay and compare it to the outline.

From the Outline


Here's a section of the introduction part of the outline that I'll be showing an adaptation to (the intro):

"Here I plan on introducing the struggles and events that I've gone through in this class over the semester. I want to be as brutally honest in this project in order to show how I've grown throughout this semester as a writer."

Access to raw content


Here's the adapted part of my outline that is now my rough cut intro paragraph:

"The Semester is coming to an end, and now it’s time to reflect on the year. 2016 has been a year of many highs and many lows with many valuable lessons that have been learned. As a student in the English 109H curriculum, my skills as a writer, student, and future business professional have improved tremendously. By scanning through previous works from the semester, I’m able to see how I have grown in skills pertaining to time management, personal care, and adapting to new writing scenarios."

Audience Questions


1. I can't really critique my form just yet, as that will be an important part of the video aspect of the video essay. I plan on doing some upper body shots and doing it in a similar fashion to the gender roles video we watched in class. I also plan on adding some effects that aren't overwhelming and adding a slight background music that enhances the beginning of the video. This will make the video entertaining and kind of spunky.

2. The introduction is always the hardest part of the essay in my opinion. So just starting it to get the ball rolling was the toughest part of the project. I couldn't really figure out how I wanted to come at the readers and what I wanted the tone of my personal reflection to be. It was a lot of decision making that is definitely still subject to change. I'd say the successes are undetermined because I just finished it today and I need to take a break before I come back and look at my script again.

No comments:

Post a Comment