Sunday, May 1, 2016

Content Outline

The Big Picture


In this post I'm going to be giving a rough outline of my project, highlighting all of the major points and providing evidence for each part.

The Outline


Opening Section:

Here I plan on introducing the struggles and events that I've gone through in this class over the semester. I want to be as brutally honest in this project in order to show how I've grown throughout this semester as a writer.

Body Paragraph 1:

The main idea here is to reflect on my time management skills and how they've improved over the course of the semester.

Evidence - Starting this year I was poorly equipped to handle large assignments and space them out throughout the week.
  • This proves that I was not ready to bear the task of this class at the beginning of the semester.
  • This is important because this class required a lot of dedicated time in order to balance it with my other classes.
Evidence - As the school year went on I improved the time management and balance of my classes.
  • This proves that I can handle the struggles of college work and other classes and extracurriculars.
  • This is important because I've built a skill that I will need day-in and day-out for the rest of my life.

Body Paragraph 2: 

The main idea of this body paragraph is to discuss the personal care aspect that has improved over this semester.

Evidence - This semester contained a lot of late nights and early mornings, so staying well rested was key.
  • This evidence proves that sleep is actually important to staying sane and keeping up with a diet and such.
  • This is important because life goes on whether I'm ready or not, and this class taught me to prepare for it.
Evidence - Eating well was a struggle over the semester.
  • This Evidence proves that it was hard maintaining a healthy diet over the semester when facing late nights.
  • This is important because to maintain a healthy lifestyle in college, I had to manage the times I ate around my work.
Body Paragraph 3:

The last body paragraph will explain my reflection on adapting to new writing scenarios and situations.

Evidence - Using new genres creates adversity that we must overcome.
  • This proves that I had to build skills that improved my adaptability and researching techniques in order to follow conventions.
  • This is important because in the following years I will be faced with different writing genres in the business school which will be tough to face.
Evidence - Learning from other's work allows me to expand my literary abilities.
  • This proves that I am able to take a new idea and shape it into my own form of that similar style of idea.
  • This is important because it shows that I can adapt to any given situation that occurs.

Closing Section:

Here I plan to recap all of the points that I've discussed and to really show how I changed this semester. I plan to also discuss how I will use these changes in my future endeavors as a college student, and in the working world as well. Then I'll sign off in the video essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment