Sunday, May 1, 2016

Production 8b

How's the raw content?


In this blog post I'm going to show a rough cut of my Video Essay and compare it to the outline that I created last week.

From the Outline


Here's a section of the conclusion part of the outline that I'll be showing an adaptation to:

"Here I plan to recap all of the points that I've discussed and to really show how I changed this semester. I plan to also discuss how I will use these changes in my future endeavors as a college student, and in the working world as well. Then I'll sign off in the video essay."

Access to raw content


Here's the adapted part of my outline that is now my rough cut conclusion paragraph:

This semester has been interesting to say the least. Not only have I grown as a student, but I’ve grown as an individual as well. The skills I’ve learned truly compliment keys to success that exist in the world. The skills I’ve learned will serve me well in my future tasks, through college and beyond. This semester has shaped me to be operate better in an ever-changing environment that the world exists in today.

Audience Questions


1. For my conclusion I need to add some very catchy outro music and leave the audience on a good note. I need to wrap up how I've grown all together from this class and how my skills have improved as a whole. The conventions need to give my audience a warm feeling and a sense of feeling complete. I think if the music blends and I end on a good note, then it'll be very effective.

2. There definitely weren't as many hiccups in the concluding paragraph as there were in my introduction paragraph. Since this is basically restating my main ideas, I didn't have too much trouble with it. The only issue I had was trying to send the audience off on a deeper level, rather than just cutting the essay short and saying "okay you can leave now." I tried to make the ending powerful, but I think I can do a better job of it once I edit the rough cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment