Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

Pronoun Analysis


In this blog we are going to check out my pronoun usage in my current draft, and analyze it to determine how effective or ineffective the usage was.

Altmann, Gerd. "Banner Header Traffic Lights Problem Analysis" 11/21/16 via pixabay. Creative Commons 0 Public Domain License

Less Talk, More Questions


1. Due to not many pronouns being used, I can tell that my QRG is pretty specific when referring to people or places. Most of the pronouns I used came after listing the subject, and were used as a reference back to the subject. All in all it seemed pretty clear who I was discussing during my QRG, and it appeared to be pretty easy to follow. In terms of overall effectiveness, the pronoun usage seems to be very productive and effective when used in place of the nouns they represent.

After examining my pronoun usage I can see that I am very straight and to the point in my QRG. I tend not to beat around the bush and get sidetracked in he-said she-said kind of way. It provides a clear understanding of who I am referring to, rather than leaving the reader trying to figure out who I am talking about. If I were to define my writing style solely off of pronoun usage, I would say that it is clear and to the point.

2. The only part of my QRG that directly addresses addresses the audience is in the first part of my QRG, which asks their opinion of Abercrombie and Fitch before going into detail about the controversy itself. I think that this provides not necessarily a bond, but it draws out an initial opinion from the audience. Then as the QRG progresses, I hope that the audience gains enough unbiased information to build on their initial opinion. I chose to leave my audience out of most of my writing in order to let them think for themselves about the controversy. Rather than pestering the audience, I figured I'd let them sit back and enjoy the ride, and let them express their opinion after becoming informed on the situation. I'm not saying this is the best approach, but I think I will effectively use it to my advantage in my QRG. 

No comments:

Post a Comment