Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

Peer Review


To get a better idea of what my peers and I need to fix in our projects, I peer reviewed Jianna's QRG to compare her project to my QRG. You can find Jianna's blog here and her draft here. You can find my rubric here.

ClkerFreeVectorImages. "School Paper Plus Test Score Perfect Homework" 7/29/14 via pixabay. Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic

What I Found


After reading Jianna's QRG, I found that my QRG still has a lot of work that needs to be done. She provided immense details about her subject, legalization of marijuana in Colorado, that were very organized and neat. I constantly struggled with organization in my QRG, so it was definitely a point taken in how I should improve the look of my project. A positive note for my project is that I felt I stuck to the point and got the ideas out where I needed to. It made the project feel a little choppy, but with a little work I can hammer out the issues. 

The two mistakes that Jianna made in her QRG were the lack of pictures and the lack of white space. The wall of text made it a little uncomfortable to glance at, but with a little separation that could be fixed. The lack of pictures made it seem like reading a book, and my inner child wants to see pictures just like everyone else. It helps take away from the seemingly overwhelming amount of text. I need to make sure I stay away from these mistakes.  

Jianna did many things very well in her QRG. I thought she made effective use of her bullet point segments. It got the information out quickly and clearly which always makes the reader's life easier. She also included a question and answer format that I would like to emulate in my QRG. This allowed me to know what I was reading just by looking at the subheadings. By doing this, I was able to go through Jianna's QRG and scan for information rather quickly.

Overall she offered a lot of good ideas and tips that made her QRG very informative. This helped me out tremendously, and I now know what I have to do to make my QRG even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment