Friday, February 12, 2016

Peer Review 2

More Editing


In this post we are going to explore the things I learned about this project through editing the projects of my peers.

Gerd Altmann. "Certification Quality Control Quality Control" 12/17/14 via pixabay. Creative Commons 0 Public Domain License

First Things First


Here are the links to Veronica's QRG and my Rubric for her QRG.

Here are the links to Cynthia's Essay and my Rubric for her essay.

Now To the Good Stuff


I learned a lot from this peer edit assignment. I learned to be really analytical of what the project is about. I don't think I ever slowed down and thought, "What am I truly trying to accomplish?" Veronica and Cynthia's projects opened up my eyes to this. From Veronica's project, I learned that I need to be way more descriptive, and really use the senses when describing aspects of my controversy. She did an amazing job in the description category. Cynthia's essay taught me to really be upfront with more facts, and to really try to eliminate the bias. I felt that her essay was a good example of this.

My top three issues are pretty simple ones that are key to the QRG:

1. Make it pop. I need to add pictures and text breaks that make it stand out and flow better than it currently does. This can make or break the project. I'm going to find the right visual elements that'll make my QRG stand out.

2. Description needs a makeover. I need to utilize those five senses. Veronica's QRG made me feel as if I was there in the controversy. I feel like this is one of the key points in holding the reader's attention. My description must improve after this revision.

3. Provide the facts elegantly. I feel that I struggled with slipping facts into my QRG. They kind of come off as a choppy addition that can ruin my project. I think a little sentence rearrangement this weekend can fix this issue.

My strengths of my QRG:

1. White space in my QRG is used pretty well. My QRG doesn't seem to be hard to look at, but still remains informative. No one enjoys reading block texts, not even English teachers (I hope). As I add information to my draft, I'm going to aim to keep the information as spread out as possible.

2. Interesting headers are a big part of my QRG. If the readers enjoy catchy headings, I think I will be able to effectively hold their attention. The headers relate directly to what the paragraph or certain section deals with rather than beating around the bush. Readers appreciate that, and I'll continue to do the same throughout the QRG.

3. My introduction is short and to the point, which allows readers to dive into the material immediately, rather than getting bored after a few sentences of boring text. This helps keep the reader's attention rather than leave them lost by the second sentence. I'm going to add a little more information to my introduction, but I think my main focus is to keep it short.

I think as long as I hammer out the details of this QRG and fix the little things, I'll be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment