Sunday, April 3, 2016

Peer Review for Missy Webb

Making Suggestions for Missy?


Alright in this blog I'm going to try and critique some of Missy's work from this week.

Let's Begin!


So this Rhetorical Analysis of Project 3 is by Missy Webb, which can be found here.

In this peer review I'm going to be reviewing her rhetorical analysis, and try helping her out with the brainstorming.

I think my comment will help Missy improve her entire essay tremendously. In her rhetorical analysis, Missy didn't have too many counterarguments that were addressed, which could hurt her credibility and central argument. I think if she presents the counterarguments and then shows why they don't work, then that will make her a lot more credible.

I incorporated the use of evidence section from the Student's Guide, because my recommendation regards her using evidence to beat potential counterarguments. This was the only thing I could really add since it was a rhetorical analysis and not the outline.

One thing I admired about Missy's work was that she was very passionate about the subject. She comes off as a huge Harry Potter fan so I can tell that she picked a great topic for this project. It almost feels like you can feel her excitement even through the rhetorical analysis. I feel that Harry Potter is one of those stories everyone talks about, but I can see how it really has touched Missy, in a way unlike most fans.


No comments:

Post a Comment