Sunday, April 3, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

How'd my week go?


This blog will serve as a reflection of how my pre-production has gone so far.

Audience Questions


1. Successes this week consisted of doing a pretty detailed rhetorical analysis and keeping the outline general. My goal was to keep the outline open to changes, because in the last project it was way too specific and I had a hard time staying on track with it. The rhetorical analysis I made highlights a lot of the nitty gritty details in my project especially with the context of the project. Since half of the grade is the genre examples, I made sure to be pretty in-depth in this part of the project.

2. Challenges this week included the time management (recurring theme) and picking a topic. I couldn't decide on a topic until Thursday's class, so that set me behind the curve this week. It's always a tough task to pick what your next four weeks of work will be about. Now for the time management section, this week was rough. It has felt like this week has lasted 30 years to be honest. We had dad's weekend this week, so I was very much tied up into that this weekend. Since I picked my topic on Thursday, this didn't leave me with very much time to get working on the project.

3. Next week is going to be rough Sean, let me tell ya. I have Spring Fling this week, and there are going to be a ton of late nights to say the least. So I'll have to get as much done during the days as possible. Am I nervous? Hell yeah I'm nervous, but I'm going to grind out a great rough cut of the project next week.

4. I'm feeling pretty okay about the project so far. Like I said in one of my other blogs, the standard college essay will probably be pretty dry, so I have to find ways to make it fun and interesting. I'm worried about keeping the audience interested, since in modern media we usually have physical media to do that. We'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment